Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 48

Hi mom,

Well in two weeks we will get to talk so I am getting excited. Its so funny that I feel like I just spoke to you not to long ago, really the time just flies. Well anyways, we had transfers this week, and Elder romero will be going to Catemaco, which is known as the witch town, so I teased him a lot about it. Anyways, so with the cambios, I got made district leader here in cosamoalapn, which means that I have a lot more work to do here in the area, because I am no longer just worried about me, but also about how others are doing as well. ITs really weird because I have to treat the missionaries a little like investigators, and always try and help them.

I know how stressful work is mother, I know how stressful law school is, but really I know and promise you that if you keep working that peace will come. there is peace mom. there is rest.  I want you to go in and study Mosiah 24 about Alma. Really focus on how you an apply what Alma and his people did to your life, and not only what they did, but how the Lord helped. I love you very much, but dont let yourself get overstressed, everything will workout for your good. I feel so thankful to hear what the church has done to help you out. I know how hard it is with financial problems, but keep doing, be wise, and the Lord will help. Never let a single day go by without 1 chapter from the book of mormon. Those are the most important 5 minutes of the day.

Its funny mom how fast time is going. I remember very clearly your 40th birthday party and everything with the pool. I cannot believe that 10 years have passed. I feel like time will just keep going. Hahaha, I wish I could be there to see Kristy and them, it would be great, I really did enjoy their letters, it was super awesome. Wow, at least I will be home for the 25tth wedding anniversary, I better start working!

Anyways, as far as the church is going,, you should see how much less active work we are doing mom, we had an assistance of over 94, which considering we started in the 70s when I got here is pretty solid. The key that I have learned here in my mission is to never chew people out. Yes, many of these less actives are doing things that are horrible, stupid, illogical, and they make me frustrated. But anger comes from Satan, it comes from selfishness. I have really learned to be able to close my eyes and put myself in their shoes and then teach based out of love. 

Mom, I really want to make you a promise about something I have seen here. Never ever ever break the day of rest. Please please please do not do it ever. Never work on Sunday. Never purchase anything on Sunday. Please, I have seen way too many families destroyed because they choose to break the day of rest. I know mom that if you take Sunday as a day of rest that the Lord will bless you with a freedom from your stress. I know that he will bless you to have enough to meet your financial obligations, and that you will do better in Law school. He will bring the knowledge to your mind when you need it. It is so so so important. Also never ever forget tithing. The hardest time to pay tithing is when we dont have much to give, but that is the time when we need the blessings most. I know that these two things are the most important to have faith. Faith isnt begging for gods help until we have an aneurism. Faith is taking action based on the belief that he will keep his promises, even when we dont see how he will do it. I have perfect knowledge that I am incapable of directing a mission area, the Lord puts the people in my path, and I know he will do the same for you and Dad.
I
 love you, I pray about you, I miss you, and will see you soon.
Elder standridge

No comments:

Post a Comment