Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 25 ~~ Excerpts from letter to MOM

Kevin did not write a letter to everyone this week because he was having computer problems.  So I have included some excerpts from the letter to Rick and I.  He is responding to me telling him that we are moving into the DV Ward.


Wow mom, that house is absolutely amazing, it is honestly about 10 times nicer than just about anything that I have seen for 6 months here, wow. I am really happy for you guys, and I am really happy to hear that you have been enjoying time with the young women, I would not be surprised if like the first week you were called to something with them. And wow, I cannot believe you are so close to the Jones´mom, this really is exactly what you´d been hoping for. Everything on my end is like 10 times better now. I moved houses again to the house of Elder Quille, and wow, simply wow, it has two bathrooms, and more than that, it has water presure (Kate has been complaining about hot water, I just actually want water :P). I am enjoying my time with Elder Quille, he is super patient, kind, and understanding. He laughs a ton, and honestly we get along just like 2 pees in a pod. We are teaching a ton, and I am honestly enjoying myself.  I got one package, I hopefully will get the others here on Tuesday, but we shall see, it depends on when my Zone Leaders go to the office. All in all things are going well here mom, I love you lots, and am really excited for you. 

Oh okay, so my computer is being stupid on the photos. But anyways, we have about 100 (not an exaggeration in the slightest) different people we are working with at one time between less actives, investigators, and recent converts. So I am running around a little like a chicken with its head cut off. I really love my area though, it keeps me busy. We have a little girl whose older sister is less  active and who doesn't live with her mom who has finished 2 Nephi, and she is only 9 years old (tell that to the youth to put them in gear!). We have a man who has just given up alcohol for his family and to get baptized. We also have a young couple with plans to get married and baptized. I also just found out that a couple I taught in my first area are getting baptized, a family I taught in Santiago got baptized, one of my converts is still active from my first area, and the less actives I have worked with are going to church. Its a heck of a lot of work mom, but little by little, I am starting to see more and more fruits of it. I the chance that I have to be here, I love both of you and miss you a ton.

Elder Standridge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment